× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nextgear WN2000RPT Ext cinstantly losing a network and then restarting

Anton063
Tutor

Nextgear WIN2000RPT Ext cinstantly losing a network and then restarting

Guys,

I'm struggling with Nextgear WIN2000RPT and I'd like to hear something from you as a possible recommendation. Long story short, it is restarting every hour or so, there is no certain time frequency between the restarts. I have 2-3 devices connected and the traffic is pretty light. However, it keep doing the restarts again and again. Does Netgear take care of it? Is there a remedy of a firmware that can help? 

It's killing because of the conference call disconnect and reconnecting time.

Model: WN2000RPTv2|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Anton063
Tutor

Guys, the issue seems to be resolved... The WIFI repeater / extender WN2000RPT is stable and works fine. 

The remedy is a new power adapter. I can post the tech spec if needed. No restarts so far. This device was purchased in the U.S. and now is in EU. I assume that the original power adapter is not fully compatible woth 220V AC network

View solution in original post

Model: WN2000RPT|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Nextgear WIN2000RPT Ext cinstantly losing a network and then restarting

What router is it connected to? 
What firmware version are you on? 

How do you know its restarting? 

Have you tried reinstalling the firmware to it, then doing a factory reset and clean install? (Not from a backup)

Message 2 of 5
Anton063
Tutor

First of all, I use it as a repeater and it was purchased for that purpose. It’s extending my home WiFi being connected to TP link router wirelessly. I also tried another router as a main (zyxel). No success...The problem with Netgear extender is exactly the same. It restarts constantly without any reason. It can be easily tracked... all LEDs are green and then I have problems with internet connection on my lap top and I see an amber led light on the Netgear repeater means it failed / restarted. When it restarts everything is back and good again for next 20-30 min. The firmware I have is the latest one V1.1.0.12, it was downloaded from the official web site and uploaded.

Factory reset was done today as well as the software upload. Any other suggestions ? Is there any further update for this device that was not officially posted?

Model: WN2000RPTv2|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

you could try re-installing the firmware. If something is corrupt in the firmware, a factory reset only clears out old settings but it doesn't reinstall the firmware. So try reinstalling it. 

I doubt you'll see much for updates on it. that device was originally released in 2010 so its over a decade old. 

Message 4 of 5
Anton063
Tutor

Guys, the issue seems to be resolved... The WIFI repeater / extender WN2000RPT is stable and works fine. 

The remedy is a new power adapter. I can post the tech spec if needed. No restarts so far. This device was purchased in the U.S. and now is in EU. I assume that the original power adapter is not fully compatible woth 220V AC network

Model: WN2000RPT|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7