× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk 7700 internet not working on all devices

Cheshire_vinny
Aspirant

Nighthawk 7700 internet not working on all devices

Hi, I have recently set up my EX7700 and it is extending my Virgin Hub 3 router, I have it set to same SSID details for a seamless transfer, however not all the devices when transferring to the extender are connecting to the internet. 2 devices, Samsung A50 phone and Lenovo ThinkPad on Windows 10, transfer connection to the 7700 no problems but I get a "connected no internet" error message,  but as soon as these devices come back into range of the Virgin hub 3, internet connects fine. Any ideas on trouble shooting?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Did you set it up using WPS setup method or using the installation assistant?

If you tried wps then try using the installation assistant

Message 2 of 7
Cheshire_vinny
Aspirant

hi,

thanks, tried your suggestion last night and lasted about an hour and the 2 devices again "connected no internet", soon as I move downstairs and the devices pick up the USP router then all good and speeds of 200+, i have seen a few threads on here saying the same but just cant find a solution.... 

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

You can try going into the virgin hub and setting the extender with a static ip address. 

I haven't really found a good solution for the virgin hub 3 as there's been numerous posts on here and virgin about adding extenders to it. 

The ISP supplied routers really give routers a bad name. 

Message 4 of 7
Cheshire_vinny
Aspirant

So have done that via the extender and the devices with the issues got internet connectivity back! Lets see if this holds up over the next 24hrs, thanks for the suggestion and help, will let you know.

Message 5 of 7
Cheshire_vinny
Aspirant

sadly that lasted 6 hours then off they went again….time to admit defeat and send it back and try another brand. Thanks for your help though.

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

You might check with virgin. Yours isn't the only device thats had issues with that router but I think they make their own extender

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7