× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk 9000' wireless Accesspoint wac 124

stanislaus
Follower

Nighthawk 9000' wireless Accesspoint wac 124

If I set up the NightHawk Router and WAC124 (Access Point) with the same network name and password, once I connect will my connection pass from Nighthawk to Access Point seamlessly when I move from one (Nighthawk) to another (WAC124) in terms of signal.  Both have the same credentials.

Model: WAC124|AC2000 Dual Band 4x4 
Message 1 of 3
camz143
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk 9000' wireless Accesspoint wac 124

Now I connect my wifi
But I don’t no what password
Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk 9000' wireless Accesspoint wac 124

The R9000 is a conumer router, the WAC124 is a essentials class wireless AP for home/SOHO. Both product specs don't show business class roaming and radio resource management promising complete seamless roaming as required for example for keeping VoIP calls ongoing . without interruption of the audio streams - while moving between the wireless range of both devices.

In business class wireless, the essential standards to gain real seamless roaming are 802.11k, 802.11r, and 802.11v.  

Some of these might be in place - undocumented - as part of the Smart Connect implementation on the R9000, and probably the WAC124 - some consumer class competitors claim to have seamless roaming, but refer to 802.11k only - what is not sufficient. Marketing everywhere.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7