× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 with wired Ethernet Router

AMHawk
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 with wired Ethernet Router

Friend lives in a pre-wired EN house with 6 outlets throughout the house.  He has a non-WiFi ethernet router in the wiring cabinet and I am looking at the referenced Extender to run in Access Point mode, attached to one of the ethernet outlets.  The Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 wireless router is much more expensive, and it would simply run in Access Point mode without using the more expensive router function.  It’s not clear to me if he could install the Extender in AP mode to provide wireless in his home.  So, my question is: Can he purchase only the Extender to work with a no WiFi Ethernet router?

Thanks

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Yes he could should provide wifi no problems.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Yes he could should provide wifi no problems.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
AMHawk
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  Friend successfully installed the extender with an Ethernet Router and no wifi in his network.  The reason I submitted the question is the User Guide for the device only discussed setting up the Extender by attaching to a wifi router.  Maybe the manual should be updated to include installing the ethernet to a router, not just a wifi router.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7