× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 Extender and Reolink Argus camera

CharlieO69
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 Extender and Reolink Argus camera

I am trying to get the extender to link with the camera.  No buttons to push or PIN for the camera.  I use my mobile for the Reolink app and when it get to the handshake to the extender it doesn't connect.  Is the app's attempt to link to the extender the equivalent  of the WPS id?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
CharlieO69
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 Extender and Reolink Argus camera

If at first you don't succeed ...

After dinner I logged into the extender and put the batteries in the camera.  Yack, yack yack ... but instead of taking the password into the network that showed up when I started typing I typed it all in manually(obviously).  Well, the first camera took!!!  Loaded batteries into the 2nd camera ...and I really thought that it was a one off, but after I typed inthe p/w it took and they are sitting on my attached devices screen!

Thanks for your help though.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

The camera must be linked to the extender, and then the camera must be linked to some cloud environment -  that's what the key in the App is for most likely.

Message 2 of 8
CharlieO69
Aspirant

The setup in the app to link to the extender just fails.  I even went into the extender to treat it like a button push to ID the camera but even that didn't work.  The extender will take a PIN but I don't see one for the Reolink.  My phone showed up on the extender all on its own...NADA for the cameras!

Message 3 of 8
schumaku
Guru

The Extender would provide a PIN when it's up to connect (associate) a device. Nothing to change on the extender. Again, it's about to configure the cameara so it can associate with the wireless name (provided by the extender), not to change anything on the extender. 

The Use Reolink App to configure wireless settings does show a different process - by connecting the camera to the switched network (Ethernet port). 

Provide a link to the process you try to follow.

Message 4 of 8
CharlieO69
Aspirant

The camera does not have an ethernet port and the extender is a PITA because the only way to access it is to take the laptop to plug in to its ethernet port.  Love sitting on the floor. 

I thought that the extender was requesting a PIN from the camera.  I'll try again tomorrow.  Netgear support told me to contact Reolink but they're in Hong Kong.  I've had enough of this today.  The friggen camera doesn't stop talking!

Message 5 of 8
schumaku
Guru

The battery powered camera process -> Set up WiFi for Battery-Powered Camera

Message 6 of 8
CharlieO69
Aspirant

I'll try that.  Life just got simpler though...logged into the extender via wifi instead of ehernet.  We'll see what version Reolink camera that works for.  Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
CharlieO69
Aspirant

If at first you don't succeed ...

After dinner I logged into the extender and put the batteries in the camera.  Yack, yack yack ... but instead of taking the password into the network that showed up when I started typing I typed it all in manually(obviously).  Well, the first camera took!!!  Loaded batteries into the 2nd camera ...and I really thought that it was a one off, but after I typed inthe p/w it took and they are sitting on my attached devices screen!

Thanks for your help though.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7