× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk EX7700 WiFi Mesh Extender Wins Prestigious iF DESIGN Award for 2019

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Nighthawk EX7700 WiFi Mesh Extender Wins Prestigious iF DESIGN Award for 2019

EX7700 IF Design Award.png

NETGEAR is proud to be recognized with a 2019 iF DESIGN AWARD for our Nighthawk EX7700 WiFi Mesh Extender! The Nighthawk X6 Tri-band WiFi Mesh Extender won over the 67-member jury, made up of independent experts from all over the world, with the product’s capability to provide powerful whole home WiFi by extending the range of your existing router using NETGEAR patented Fastlane3 technology.

“NETGEAR is thrilled to again be recognized by the iF Excellence in Design panel of judges,” said John Ramones senior director of product design and user experience at NETGEAR. “We strive to make our products elegant and engaging while delivering the highest network performance.  NETGEAR was the first company to introduce the network extender to the industry and has since developed the Orbi Wi-Fi mesh system. With the Nighthawk X6 Tri-band Mesh Extender, we have married what was learned with Orbi and have delivered it in a package that will work within any network.”

Read more: https://investor.netgear.com/releases/press-release-details/2019/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-X6-Tri-band-WiFi-...

Message 1 of 9
Killhippie
Prodigy

Re: Nighthawk EX7700 WiFi Mesh Extender Wins Prestigious iF DESIGN Award for 2019

It looks like a coffin fit for Kryten

Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I like mine. Works great. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 9
Donna1408
Aspirant

I am new at this but I do need a wifi extender. Are they compatible with all modems? Also my internet speed is 5k. So I would need on compatible with my speed correct?

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Extenders are compatible with modems with built in wifi or stand alone routers with WiFI. 

What MFr and model# ISP modem/router do you have?

What is your ISP speed UP and down that you pay for. 5k isn't a speed. 

@Donna1408 wrote:

I am new at this but I do need a wifi extender. Are they compatible with all modems? Also my internet speed is 5k. So I would need on compatible with my speed correct?

Message 5 of 9
Donna1408
Aspirant

I tested the isp speed and it says 67.7 mbps download and 69.7 mbps upload. My modem is from Frontier not sure what you would need from there.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

The ex7700 would easily handle those speeds.

What Mfr and model# ISP modem/router do you have?

Are you using a wifi router behind the modem or just the modem router combo? 

@Donna1408 wrote:

I tested the isp speed and it says 67.7 mbps download and 69.7 mbps upload. My modem is from Frontier not sure what you would need from there.

Message 7 of 9
Donna1408
Aspirant

this is a modem model Fios-G1100. says designed by greenwave systems. It's a modem provided by Frontier Communications

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe you may have this one:

https://www.verizon.com/home/accessories/fios-quantum-gateway/

Though this one is sold by Verizon, same modem I think.

The EX should work with it. 

Some interesting reading about the modem:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/beware-verizons-bhr4g1100-quantum-router-any-lawyers-larry

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30572123-Networking-Considering-the-FIOS-G1100-Router-Read-this-fi...

@Donna1408 wrote:

this is a modem model Fios-G1100. says designed by greenwave systems. It's a modem provided by Frontier Communications

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7