× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk EX8000 Extender

79AG
Aspirant

Nighthawk EX8000 Extender

I changed my EX8000 from an extender to an access point.   Now, when I look for 'connected devices' I just get a prompt 'Please wait a moment....' (screenshot attached) that never stops.   I don't fully understand the nuances between and extender an access point, but I would think there would still be connected devices.   It is connected via ethernet through two gigabit switches to my router.   Everything in my house now appears to be connected to my router, maybe there's nothing for the EX8000 to find.   

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Extender mode is a wireless connection back to the router and it leaves the smart roaming functions enabled. 

AP mode is a hardwired connection back to the router. It disables the smart roaming features. 

When in AP mode, many device won't roam as well as they used to as the roaming features aren't enabled. 

I'd check your wireless channels to make sure in AP mode that they aren't on the same channel as the router. This'll help with interference. 

You can also change the name of the SSID so you can manually roam between them.

In terms of the not loading, did you try a different pc and/or browser?

Message 2 of 3
79AG
Aspirant

Yes, I tried using Chrome.   Oddly enough, I couldn't even log into the extender.   Kept telling me there was a user/password mismatch, which their wasn't.   Tried going back to the mesh setup, but the 5GHz network wouldn't connect to my router, so I went back to the access point setup.   

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7