× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk MK83 does not show Netgear switches in Attached Devices section

acastleberry
Aspirant

Nighthawk MK83 does not show Netgear switches in Attached Devices section

Hi all,

I've had the Nighthawk MK83 (MR80 router and 2 MS80 satellites) for a little while now and am overall satisified with it.  Yes, it's quirky and there are some things that I think could make it better, but overall performance has not been too bad for me.

One thing that has bugged me since the beginning is the fact that most times, I can't get my Netgear switches to show up in the Attached Devices section on the router GUI nor the Device Manager section of the Nighthawk app.  Sometimes if I bounce the switches, they'll start showing up.  Other times they will not.  Sometimes only a couple of switches will be displayed.

I have 4 8-port switches that are all GS308E models and 1 5-port GS305E.  They're all running the latest firmware and their management IP is configured in the same VLAN as the MK83 (VLAN 1), although I do have a few other VLANs configured because of IPTV and other services that need to be separated from the Nighthawk.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
acastleberry
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk MK83 does not show Netgear switches in Attached Devices section

No ideas from anyone?

The router/satellites are on firmware version 1.1.6.6.

I noticed today that Netgear released 1.00.10 for the GS308E switches and 1.0.0.9 for the GS305E, so I went ahead and upgraded them all.  They're showing up at the moment because they were all restarted due to the upgrade...but I fully expect them to disappear at some time in the future like they normally do.

Message 2 of 3
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk MK83 does not show Netgear switches in Attached Devices section

Hi acastleberry,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. When did you notice the issue start? Did the firmware update on the switches help with the issue? How often does it happen?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7