Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk MR60 Mesh Router - AP Mode shows enabled

luxeo
Aspirant

Nighthawk MR60 Mesh Router - AP Mode shows enabled

I have a Nighthawk MR60 Mesh WiFi 6 router. It's been a nightmare to make it work like my older Nighthawk. I've had Chromecasts, IoT devices and laptops constantly disconnect from WiFi or lose internet while connected to WiFi. From all my research and tinkering in the router settings, I suspect it's due to two possibilities:

1. Some of my connected devices are 2.4 Ghz only and the WiFi 6 feature of combining both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz bands under one SSID causes issues especially to IoT devices. A common solution suggested is to temporarily disable the 5 Ghz band and pair the IoT devices, but the router does not have the functionality or options to do so.

2. The router is constantly in AP mode, which I cannot determine because the router settings UI shows conflicting info. Is it being a mesh router system cause it to always be on AP mode? See linked/attached photos.

https://imgur.com/a/4KbW8BD

The technicality of it I do not fully understand since the router settings poorly displays any advance information. At a MSRP of $200+, I feel like it should just work. I should not have to be a technical person to just want an explanation, let alone a solution. I really want to use the features of this router and advance WiFi 6 but I'm starting to think I will have to return this product.

If you have come across similar issues or have insight into why my set up is having these problems, please share. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
jtholmbeck
Initiate

Re: Nighthawk MR60 Mesh Router - AP Mode shows enabled

I also have an MR60 with two mesh extenders. I have very similar issues with certain devices losing internet connection often. Also have experienced my Amazon Echo not able to connect one day and then either after a power reset or waiting a day - can all of a sudden connect (no change in password or network settings)?? When things work, I get great bandwidth - but very frustrating when devices lose connections for no apparent reason?? I have the most recent software - I'm computer savvy, but not a network/security expert ... looking for any pointers.

Message 2 of 6
anboal
Initiate

So good to hear Im not the only one. It does sound exactly as my problems. I really like the system when it works but unfortunately it is very unreliable. Thinking on returning it.
Message 3 of 6
Jcstillings
Initiate

I am getting tired of this problem. Devices randomly dropping off the network for no apparent reason is not helpful for work, teaching, or attending school from home. Is there a reliable solution for this?
Message 4 of 6
ddp922
Initiate

I can confirm mine also says AP mode enabled when in fact it isn't.  I really think this product was rushed to quickly into the market.  Nothing works well.

Message 5 of 6
squashedannon
Aspirant

Hi, were you ever able to get this to function as a satellite? 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7