× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 and 2.4gHz hardware

TexARC
Guide

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 and 2.4gHz hardware

The "Model" dropdown does not support the Nighthawk MR60 for some reason, I cannot ascertain what it should be.  

The firmware is Firmware Version V1.0.6.102_2.0.45 . 

I cannot get my 2.4gHz devices to all reliably connect, particularly NEST cameras.  

During setup of the router last night, it offered to separate the two frequency radios 2.4gHz and 5gHz.  I stupidly allowed the wizard to use the same SSID for both.   The install went smoothly and I was able to get the router to see the two MS60s, and get access for my TV and recorder. 

Today I went to get the NEST cameras logged in since they didn't link up, and they refuse to.  I thought, gee, what I need to do is go through setup again, and give the 2.4gHz SSID a different name, that would let me at least identify what SSID the cameras should TRY to connect to.  

I have done the factory reset, but it no longer offers the separate named SSIDs for the two radios.  I've ERASED from advanced tab and I've used a paperclip for 10 seconds, for 30 seconds, and while it forces me into the Nighthawk phone app to configure logins, the option to rename the SSIDs never shows. 

Is there some way I can go back in the setup to identify the 2.4gHz by a different name than the 5gHz?  

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 and 2.4gHz hardware

The reason they didn't show up is you posted in the mesh extender section. its a challenge with all of netgears forums to make sure you're in the correct one. You'd probably get better advise in the MK series forum.

But even that might not be great as there aren't many people who've used those systems that participate on the forums. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-mesh-system

@DarrenM @Christian_R 

Message 2 of 3
TexARC
Guide

Re: Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 and 2.4gHz hardware

thanks - I've reposted in the forum you suggested.  

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7