× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi Extenders - Extend your WiFi with 1 SSID #Blog

BretD
Admin

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi Extenders - Extend your WiFi with 1 SSID #Blog

nighthawk-mesh-2ext.png

Before Nighthawk Mesh WiFi Extenders, traditional extenders were the only way to increase coverage in more places, using your ISP provided router. However, that often meant sacrificing some WiFi performance. Additionally, with different network names for the router and the extender, it was not a seamless experience whatsoever. Your device would have limited in the capabilities to migrate between the router and extender, so one would have to manually switch between router and extender when moving throughout a home network.

Most people would love to replace their Verizon Fios or AT&T U-verse gateway with a mesh system, but unfortunately, this is often not an option available to them. Many of the service providers require that their subscribers use the service provider’s gateway (modem/router) for their internet, TV, or phone service, and do not offer the flexibility to switch to a full mesh system.

NHM_Banner-1024x313

You have the option of the full-sized desktop, Nighthawk X6S Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender, or the wall-plug, the Nighthawk X4S Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender.  It’s the ultimate experience for you and your family to enjoy your WiFi with more coverage for more devices.

Read the full Nighthawk Mesh WiFi Extenders article from the NETGEAR Blog.

Join the Nighthawk Mesh WiFi Extender discussion in the NETGEAR Forums.

Are you using Nighthawk Mesh extenders? Let us know how your Nighthawk Mesh extender is working for you in the comments below.

Message 1 of 4
hogguy
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk Mesh WiFi Extenders - Extend your WiFi with 1 SSID #Blog

Can someone please explain the differences between the AC3000 X6S Tri-Band WIFI Mesh Extender Model EX8000 and the

AC2200 X4S Tri-Band Mesh Extender Model EX7500?

And I don't mean that the AC2200 plugs into the wall socket directly vs the AC3000 is a desktop model.

Trying to decide between the two and wonder if the AC3000 is more powerful, reaches farther or has different outputs etc.

Thanks

Model: EX7300|AC2200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 2 of 4
BretD
Admin

The Ex8000 would likely be slightly faster, but results can vary depending on placement and many other factors.

EX8000:

WIFI BAND
Band 1: 400Mbps @2.4GHz - 256QAM

Band 2: 866Mbps @5Ghz - 256QAM

Band 3: 1733Mbps @5Ghz - 256QAM

EX7500:

WIFI BAND
AC2200† WiFi

Band 1: 400Mbps @2.4GHz - 256QAM

Band 2: 866Mbps @5Ghz - 256QAM

Band 3: 866Mbps @5Ghz - 256QAM

Message 3 of 4
jcac0220
Aspirant

I have a Nighthawk have an AC1900 (R7000) router. I have a deadspot in the top floor of my house and need to enhance the range. I dont want to change the SSID or passoword. Can I use an Orbi with this router or is the Mesh extender the best choice? I have the house wired for Cat 5 and can connect an extender or access point.

What is he recommendation to get the best performance?

Thanks, 

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band Wall Plug WiFi Range Extender,EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7