× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Mesh with AC1900

rockyiv806
Follower

Nighthawk Mesh with AC1900

I have the Nighthawk AC1900 modem/router in one. I have a spot in the house where it is not a dead zone but the internet signal drops down to between 1 and 2 bars. First off can I use any of the mesh extenders with the ac1900 and secondly does it even work? I feel like many years ago there were WiFi signal extenders and they were nothing but a joke. 

If I cannot use a mesh extender with the ac1900 which modem/router in one unit will work. I really want the modem/router unit because i refuse to pay the cable company a rental fee for their equipment. 

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Mesh with AC1900

You should be able to use a mesh extender, placing it somewhere between the router and the spot with the weak signal.  A triband extender will give the fastest speeds (assuming you place it someplace where you can use 5 Ghz to reach the Nighthawk).

There are other options, including using powerline (PLPW1000). That is less expensive than the mesh extenders.

You could also replace the Nighthawk with the Orbi CBK40 (which has a built in cable modem).  Or get an RBK40, and deploy it as an access point (turning off the wifi in the Nighthawk). Orbi would of course be more expensive then the mesh extenders.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7