× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R9000 with new Firmware V1.0.5.24 duplicating devices connected to Extender

ascernas
Guide

Nighthawk R9000 with new Firmware V1.0.5.24 duplicating devices connected to Extender

Hi Everyone,

I recently ugpraded the R9000 to firmware version V1.0.5.24 and I already have the X6S Extender (EX8000) with firmware V1.0.1.224 and after the R9000 upgrade I started noticing duplicate devices on my "attached devices" section and realized are the same devices connected to my Extender (because of the MAC Address). So anyone having the same issue after upgrading the R9000 to V1.0.5.24?

Topology:

X10 (R9000 <------------------------------> X6S (EX8000)

|                                                             |

|                                                             |    

Devices (duplicated here)                        Devices

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender, R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R9000 with new Firmware V1.0.5.24 duplicating devices connected to Extender

it could be that they're switching/roaming between the router and extender and have an IP address for each. ?

Message 2 of 4
ascernas
Guide

Re: Nighthawk R9000 with new Firmware V1.0.5.24 duplicating devices connected to Extender

Hi,

I dont think so, the devices are not been move around to start thinking about that, if that would be the case, why it didn't show up before the upgrade? Also, the duplicate devices are sharing the same IP Address so network speaking that should not happen and I am not having issues with those devices, its just that doesn't make sense why are showing in both devices. 

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Is it causing an issue? 

If it all started after a firmware upgrade, you can always try a factory reset .

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7