× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX10 and Extender 6400v3

Fiftyfour23
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAX10 and Extender 6400v3

I recently set up the extender and the firmware upgrade on both the router and extender. I’m seeing a flashing orange light on the router for the network light. Extender had 4 greens and I’m experiencing in and out Internet. Additionally, when I went to log into the extender, the app is telling me the extender needs to be set up, even though I already did it. So when I follow the app instructions to set it up again, the Netgeae_ext network isn’t showing, like I would expect because I already set it up once.

So, 1-why am I seeing this amber light on the router for the network light and 2- why is the app telling me the extender isn’t set up.

Thanks
Message 1 of 3
Fiftyfour23
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk RAX10 and Extender 6400v3

Additional: I did a factory reset of the extender. Still do not see the Netgear_ext network, nor does my Nighthawk app recognize that the extender has already been set up. It actually shows it offline, even though it seems to be working as I’m getting signal on areas that we didn’t before
Message 2 of 3
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk RAX10 and Extender 6400v3

Hi Fiftyfour23,

We are sorry for not being to get back to you immediately on this one. Are you still having the issue with your extender? 

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7