× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4 Questions

Schizy86
Follower

Nighthawk X4 Questions

Hello Community! 

I set up my wifi extender and I have some questions on this as I searched online and couldn't find the answers or possible solutions to my questions. 

1. I share a household with buddies and they soak up a lot of usage, my purpose for the extender too was because I wasn't in the best spot. Is there a way to set this up securely so that I can put a password on the extender so that others aren't able to connect? If so, how? 

2. Are you able to take devices from connecting to it if there are multiple? If so, how?

I appreciate all support!

Thanks!

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X4 Questions

@Schizy86 wrote:

1. I share a household with buddies and they soak up a lot of usage, my purpose for the extender too was because I wasn't in the best spot. Is there a way to set this up securely so that I can put a password on the extender so that others aren't able to connect? If so, how? ---Yes you can. If you set it up using the installtion assistant, you can choose to change the ssid and password for it. That means only you can access it. If you set it up using the wps method or using the one wifi option, then it uses the same ssid/password as the router. So simply factory reset it (push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on), then during setup, using the installation assistant method. There'll be a step during setup where you either choose to use the same ssid or change it. Simply change it. 

2. Are you able to take devices from connecting to it if there are multiple? If so, how?---I have no idea what you're trying to say or achieve here. A little more detail would help. 

I appreciate all support!

Thanks!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7