× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X6S EX8000 Issues

ukas
Follower

Nighthawk X6S EX8000 Issues

I received the device on September 11th and have nothing but problems since.  Initially I had to factory reset the router because it seemed as if the router had already been configured by someone else (This was purchased new).  Basically, I could not login to the system or set it up because someone elses email address and password were already in the device. 

After factory resetting the device I was able to get it setup as an extender.  According to the status lights/status page the connections to my Netgear X10 were great, but the speeds were not.  I only have a 12mpbs internet connection at home, but the going through the X6S dropped my speeds down to less than 5mbps (usually around 1 or 2) even at non peak hours of the day. 

After the horrible speeds I decided to set up the unit at an access point which seems to work except one problem.  I have three devices (PS4, smart TV, and Blu-ray player) plugged into the network ports. Any time one of those devices powers on or off all connections (Wifi and wired) disconnect from the AP and reconnect about 10 to 20 seconds later.  Is anyone else having issues with the X6S?

Message 1 of 2
arunkmony
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk X6S EX8000 Issues

Hi @ukas,

Sorry to hear that you are having problem with Nighthawk X6S. If you haven't reached out to the support team, kindly raise a ticket and we can route the issue to the proper channel and help to debug. When you check the GUI, do you see X6S connected in 5G band to X10? Which channel is your router connected to? 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7