× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X6S EX8000 No Longer Connects To R7800

ChrisRodwell
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6S EX8000 No Longer Connects To R7800

I have a EX8000(1.0.1.186) and R7800 (1.0.2.60) and the EX8000 will now no longer connect to R7800's networks to extend them. It can see the networks and I enter the correct password and it tries to connect and then says unable to connect. There is a good signal where the EX8000 is placed so it is nothing to do with signal strength.

I have factory reset both several times and nothing seems to work.

I have One WifiName on because that's what I want this product to do.

The EX8000 seems to take an age to boot up and I wonder if it has developed a fault.

I'm in the UK, how do you contact UK support? I just seem to end up going around in circles to the US support pages.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X6S EX8000 No Longer Connects To R7800

@ChrisRodwell wrote:

I'm in the UK, how do you contact UK support? I just seem to end up going around in circles to the US support pages.

Have you tried the steps here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/LED-blinking-Continuously-blinking-W...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
ChrisRodwell
Aspirant

Oh and I have tried changing the channels as well

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@ChrisRodwell wrote:

Have you tried the steps here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/LED-blinking-Continuously-blinking-W...

Message 3 of 4
ChrisRodwell
Aspirant

Cheers I'll try that
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7