× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk XR500, EX7700 & EX7000 Network setup issues

Reavo81
Aspirant

Nighthawk XR500, EX7700 & EX7000 Network setup issues

Hi, 

So me again. 

I'm getting to the point where i feel spending £600 on Netgear stuff is a waste of time for seemingly awful prducts that don't do what they say.

My XR500 seems to work ok mostly. I bought a EX7700 extender as the XR500 range is about 10m tops so that is sat around 2.5m away and connects wirelessly ok and extends to an ok range (about 10m).

I have recently had my garden renovated but the internet coverage is poor (about 15m range) so i planned to put another extender in my shed at the end of the garden (i have a prewired CAT5e connection). I purchased an EX7000 extender and set this up as an access point. 

Everything seems to set up ok, passwords all gone in fine but the EX7000 simply say 'no connection' next to both 2.4 and 5ghz networks. The ethernet cable works perfectly wired.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk XR500, EX7700 & EX7000 Network setup issues

Everything seems to set up ok, passwords all gone in fine but the EX7000 simply say 'no connection' next to both 2.4 and 5ghz networks. The ethernet cable works perfectly wired.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

The "no connection" just means that there isn't a device connected to it. 

have you connected a wifi device to it? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

The "no connection" just means that there isn't a device connected to it. 

have you connected a wifi device to it? 

Message 2 of 3
Reavo81
Aspirant

Oh my...... thank you.... Never even thought of that. Obviously because of the mesh it was hard to see if i was connected or not.

Thanks again

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7