× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk app states that EX6250 extender not set up but is connected and working

Mel70
Aspirant

Nighthawk app states that EX6250 extender not set up but is connected and working

At one point our extender needed to be reconnected to our router.  I followed the steps on my computer and extender is connected and working properly.  The Nighthawk app states the extender is not set up and wants to go thru the setup steps but the extender does not need to be set up.  When I got thru the steps in the app it gets to the connecting to extender step and says the extender is not found and need to connect to NETGEAR_EXT.  NETGEAR_EXT does not show in my wifi setting to connect because the extender is already connected to the router. Is there a way to get the app fixed to it recognizes that the extender is connected and working properly?  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted the wifi and extender routers everything connects and works properly but the app still won't recognize that the extender is connected.

Model: EX6250|AC1750-WIFI MESH EXTENDER
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk app states that EX6250 extender not set up but is connected and working

are you able to manage it through the browser? 

If so, I wouldn't worry to much about the app. 

Message 2 of 4
Mel70
Aspirant

I have only used the browser for setting up.  

I have only used the app for managing. 

How do you manage thru the browser?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

You can log in through mywifiext . net

or using the extenders IP address. (found in the routers attached devices list)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7