× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk wifi mesh extender... wifi not working

ColinB489
Aspirant

Nighthawk wifi mesh extender... wifi not working

I have had the Nighthawk wifi mesh extender for about 6 months now with zero problems... all of a sudden the wifi extension of the extender is no longer working?? I can connnect to it via ethernet perfectly fine and I can connect to my internet but as soon as I start getting near my extender my devices connected via wifi start crapping out and say that there is no internet?? I have factory reset it twice now and I have even reset my main router. I have also made to sure to keep the extender up to date, this is the first time I am having this problem and I cannot figure out how to fix it? Can anyone please help??

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

What router are you connected to? 

What firmware is on the extender. 

After the reset, did you install via wps or via the installation wizard? I'd recommend running it via the wizard.

Also, have you tried changing the wireless channels on the router? maybe there's interference

Message 2 of 7
ColinB489
Aspirant

I am connected to the Verizon Fios Router and I believe I have the lastest firmware? I just updated last night, after resetting it I set it up via the wizard on my broswer. I did try both channels on the router as well as trying making the extender have a seprate names from the router to make sure the extender was messing up and not the internet from my router

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

@ColinB489 wrote:

I am connected to the Verizon Fios Router and I believe I have the lastest firmware? I just updated last night, after resetting it I set it up via the wizard on my broswer. I did try both channels on the router as well as trying making the extender have a seprate names from the router to make sure the extender was messing up and not the internet from my router

Which fios router?

And the auto update doesn't always pull the newest. Its why I asked the firmware number. 

Message 4 of 7
ColinB489
Aspirant

@plemans I have the Fios Quantum Gateway Wireless Router, I believe the router is the G1100? Sadly they took the box it came in and the firmware I have on the extender is V1.0.1.84_1.0.148

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

From researching that router, it seems like you're not the only one with issue.

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/G1100-repeater/td-p/794785

makes you wonder if verizon locked it down so that people have to use their extenders

Message 6 of 7
ColinB489
Aspirant

@plemans crap they might be, thanks for the help man. I'm gonna keep doing some research and hopefully I can get it working again

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7