× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Model or Serial Number on Extgender

Bonfire87
Aspirant

No Model or Serial Number on Extgender

I received an email to update firmware.  I have a wifi extender that is 2 1/2 yrs old.  There is no model number or serial number anywhere to be found on it.  How can I figure that out so I can identify the right firmware?  It's a black trapezoid shape with three antennae vertically tall on a stand.  It looks like a Nighthawk AC1900 and I'm not technical enough to know if I'd goof it up by assuming that's it.  Help the neophyte, please?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Re: No Model or Serial Number on Extgender

Hi @Bonfire87,

As per your description, it could be EX6200 or EX7000. You can login to it using mywifiext.net after connecting any device to it. Model of extender can be located once you login to the interface of the unit. You may perform firmware upgrade from the interface too.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @Bonfire87,

As per your description, it could be EX6200 or EX7000. You can login to it using mywifiext.net after connecting any device to it. Model of extender can be located once you login to the interface of the unit. You may perform firmware upgrade from the interface too.

Message 2 of 3
Bonfire87
Aspirant

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7