× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Wireless Connection with Nighthawk extender

jcbarbour
Tutor

No Wireless Connection with Nighthawk extender

Recently, no device is able to maintain an internet connection wirelessly. Wired connections still work. All lights are white.  I've factory reset the extender, go through set up again, and the problem persists.  I have a Fios G3100 router.  The extender is well within the range of the router.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: No Wireless Connection with Nighthawk extender

If the installation assistant and wps doesn't work, I've read on several forums/boards that the verizon G3100 is verizon's mesh system and designed to work with only their extender for it (the E3200).

I've seen some saying they've gotten it working and many others saying they haven't. I don't have a G3100 to test/play with so you'd have to ask verizon

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Verizon's g3100 has been a problem device for extenders. and not just netgear extenders. 

Are you setting up using wps or using the installation assistant? 

Some have luck using the wps setup, others have needed to use the installation assistant. 

Try them both

Message 2 of 5
jcbarbour
Tutor

Thank you for the reply.  I have tried both methods.  Neither have resolved the problem.  Based off everything I can see, everything is set up correctly.  I can log into the extender, see the devices connected to it, but none of the wireless devices can maintain an internet connection.  The one wired device (my TV) has no such issue.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

If the installation assistant and wps doesn't work, I've read on several forums/boards that the verizon G3100 is verizon's mesh system and designed to work with only their extender for it (the E3200).

I've seen some saying they've gotten it working and many others saying they haven't. I don't have a G3100 to test/play with so you'd have to ask verizon

Message 4 of 5
jcbarbour
Tutor

Thank you again.  I have resolved the issue by switching the G3100 with an older G1100.  Thank you for you assistance.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7