× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No internet after firmware update

spawny
Follower

No internet after firmware update

Got an email from Netgear asking me to update my range extender with latest firmware v1.0.1.78. Since the update, I am unable to maintain connection with my extender. Have reset it twice and once the process is complete, the wifi connection drops. Anyone had similar issues/ideas?

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: No internet after firmware update

@spawny wrote:

Got an email from Netgear asking me to update my range extender with latest firmware v1.0.1.78. Since the update, I am unable to maintain connection with my extender. Have reset it twice and once the process is complete, the wifi connection drops. Anyone had similar issues/ideas?

If you've tried a hard reset twice without improvements and the only thing that has changed is the updated firmware, I'd revert back to the old firmware. Especially if it was working fine under the old firmware. A lot of times new firmware solves issues but occassionally it introduces new issues and needs to be rolled back. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7