× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No internet every few days Netgear EX7500

BalaC
Follower

No internet every few days Netgear EX7500

I am having "no internet" issue while using the range extender EX7500 every few days. I have an ISP router (upstairs) connected to a Netgear R6120 via Powerline adapter pair which is set up as an accesspoint at the front of the house downstairs. Then the EX7500 acting as a range extender at the back of the house downstairs mimicking the accesspoint in the front. it works fine for 2 or 3 days and all of a sudden no internet. If I switched it off then I get internet via the AP but the signal from it can be up & down.

both devices have up-to-date FW. can anyone shed some light on it please?

Its a shame I cannot find a way to contact Netgear for support without having to pay once purchased their product!

thank you.

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 3
Duppie
Aspirant

Re: No internet every few days Netgear EX7500

I have the exactly same problem with my EX7500. I even tried out plugging the Extender into an automated clock plug where it will turn the extender off/on once a day at like 1am. But even that didnt work all the time.

I was connected to a Draytek Router and then I upgraded to a Netgear Nighthawk RAX200, even with the same brand router the same problem still occurs.

Extender lights were all blue, 2,4 and 5 Ghz connections from the Router was all full green. Devices connected to the Extender fine and got internet. Then as @BalaC says, internet stops on devices connected to the extender. Full wifi connection still to the externder from a device.

Extender had a fixed IP

Message 2 of 3
bjamison01
Aspirant

Re: No internet every few days Netgear EX7500

Just bought two of these for my house (front and back) and installed them three days ago.  Kept one in mesh mode (Same SSID as nighthawk router) and gave the other an "_ext" ssid to keep them from connecting to each other.  Trying to squeeze the last life out of my nighthawk R8500 router.    These things worked flawlessly for the last three days. blue bars across each, picking up multiple devices in the house and taking the load off my router. Woke up this AM to find both completely disconnected from the router.  almost like clockwork.  This has got to be a software issue!

Netgear please get on this.

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7