× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No response after initial setup

designdog
Initiate

No response after initial setup

I received the extender yesterday and set it up via the installation assistant. At least I thought I did. Took it downstairs, away from the router, and got no lights when I plugged it in. No network showing up in wifi -  except the one that was there before. No lights lit up.

Today I returned the unit next to my router (NightHawk AX8). no liights lit up. No new network. Tried a reset. Nothing. The power light is red. Tried several more resets. No change.

Help?

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

it sounds like something was corrupted during setup if you're only getting a red power light. 

Are you sure its only the power light and its solid?  

Have you tried a 30/30/30 reset? Thats when you hold reset for 30 seconds with it powered up, while still holding reset-powering it down for 30 seconds, and then while still holding reset-powering it up for 30 seconds. 

If that doesn't work, you could try using a tftp procedure to recover the device. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Here's your support site.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX8000.aspx

Message 2 of 4
designdog
Initiate

Thanks for the response.Tried the "30/30/30" to no avail. Nothing.

The tftp solution, while the kind of technical challenge I usually like, is too close to  manipulating the device and thus negating a return to Amazon - which is what I have decideed to do. This is not worth the hassle.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Agreed. Its not worth ruining the return or exchange. Thankfully amazon is pretty good/fast with returns. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7