× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Not Connecting

Maso91
Novice

Not Connecting

I just purchased the WN3500RP tonight and I believed the connection process through the wizard would be easy But I was wrong

I followed the instruction Manuel and the wizard I put in the Correct WEP Pass-phrase for my router and use the same one for the extender however when I go and try to connect to the Extender the last step in the wizard it doesn't allow me on any of my devices it says the signal strength is Excellent but it won't let me connect or says establishing connection taking longer then usual and when i try to connect through other devices such as my tablet or phone it says obtaining IP address or Authenticating but never actually connects to the extender

How can I resolve these issues? I just want to be able to use my wifi effectively around my home and I thought these Extenders would help but wth is going on
Message 1 of 3
Maso91
Novice

Re: Not Connecting

Does key 1 need to be the same as the pass phrase ?
Message 2 of 3
storm_2003
Novice

Re: Not Connecting

KEY1 requirements:

if 64 bit - 10 hexadecimal digit
if 128bit - 26 hexadecimal digit
(hexadecimal = combination of letters a-f or 0-9)

ex. 01234abcdef

If you will be using WEP key please leave the passphrase blank and just set Key1. You can also leave Key2-4 blank.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7