× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Not sure it’s set up correctly

Edrx7
Aspirant

Not sure it’s set up correctly

Currently I have the extender set up with “ext” as a suffix with the first part being my main router name.
1. To get a better signal do I have to connect directly to the routers SSID (ext) or does it not matter

2 . The reason I got the extender is because I have a video doorbell and an exterior security camera and the signal appeared to be better (2.4ghz) connecting to the “ext” ssid
However I seem to be getting connection issues and now when I look at the nighthawk app it says there are no devices connected to the “ext” ssid when I know I have the doorbell and the camera connected to it.....

So I suppose the question should I have set up the ex7700 with the ext suffix or doesn’t it matter?

Sorry, I hope I’m not rambling, I’m new to all bc this stuff
Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 4
Edrx7
Aspirant

Re: Not sure it’s set up correctly

Anyone?
Message 2 of 4
Edrx7
Aspirant

Also noticed that looking at the nighthawk app it only shows the ext name as having the 2.4 ghz!.... where has the 5ghz gone?
Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Edrx7, we'd love to answer your questions.Here are our thoughts.

- The EX7700 has a MESH/One WiFi Name feature. This means that you can set it up that it has the same WiFi name as your main WiFi router

- We recommend connecting your devices to whichever signal is the strongest at its location

- The user manual and installation guide linked below may help out

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX7700/EX7700_QSG_EN.pdf

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX7700/EX7700_UM_EN.pdf

Dexter

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7