× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Number of Device Limitations using EX7000 WiFi Extender

Petersx
Tutor

Number of Device Limitations using EX7000 WiFi Extender

Hi Folks, we have a EX7000 WiFi Range Extender that is only allowing around 10-12 connections (all Lenovo tablets) and when we reach this limit, we cannot log on any more units (we have 16 in total). I was led to believe this unit has the capacity for 32 connections. Is this limited by bandwidth or any other constraints? It is currently being used at a athletics sports oval for the recording of results. TIA, Peter

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

It could be limited by the router, so you might look there.

Message 2 of 7
DeeBeeEff
Aspirant

I have this same problem with an EX 6200 in AP mode. And I think my total is also 16. 

Did you ever find a solution? 

(Netgear support was trying to work with me on it but I had family issues and we could never connect by phone. I ended up dropping the support ticket.)

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 7
Petersx
Tutor

Hi, problem solved as the modem upstream had a default 16 connections set.  Changed to 64 connections on the modem and everything is good now .

Thanks all for your help 🙂

Message 4 of 7
DeeBeeEff
Aspirant

I know this has been several months, but I am having a similar problem. I use the EX6200 Range Extender in Access Point mode. 

I can't find anywhere in my upstream modem where I can change the number of connections and I was curious if in general you can tell me where you found it on yours, as most modems use basically the same layouts and terminology.

I know this isn't much to go on so I really appreciate your time and any ideas you might have.

Thanks,

Dave

Message 5 of 7
Petersx
Tutor

Hi Dave, I found my problem to be the host modem supplied by the ISP.  It was set on a default of 16 connections, online they changed it to 32 which fixed my issue.  The EX7000 can extend up to 64 connections.

Good luck, Peter

Message 6 of 7
DeeBeeEff
Aspirant

Thanks Peter.

Dave

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo