× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Off and on service

WretchedKing
Aspirant

Off and on service

Hi folks wondering if I could get some help.  My extender will provide service just fine until I power off the tv.  When I power back the tv no connection.  Then in order to get it to work again I have to power off the extender and then power it back on to get it working.  It's not a huge hassle and its eay to get working again but I know this is not the way its supposed to work.   Any help appreciated!

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Off and on service

Have you tried connecting another device to the extender wifi before you shut off the TV?  Then see if the service drops.

It might also be useful to know if connecting another device to the extender after you shut off the TV works (or not).

Also, is the TV connected to the extender wifi network, or are you connecting it with ethernet?

Message 2 of 5
WretchedKing
Aspirant

Thx for responding!   The only device connected to the extender wifi is the tv.  It is wifi non-ethernet.  Also none of my other devices like my laptop show the extender connection is available just the tv has access to it.  Strange?  I am using my router to power most of my devices and my extender for the tv because I don't want to bog down the router.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@WretchedKing wrote:

Also none of my other devices like my laptop show the extender connection is available just the tv has access to it.  Strange? 

Something is wrong there - is the extender set up to broadcast the SSID?

@WretchedKing wrote:

I am using my router to power most of my devices and my extender for the tv because I don't want to bog down the router.

Connecting the TV to the extender won't reduce the load on the router.  The only case where it might help is if the TV is connecting to another device that is also using the extender.  In all other cases, the extender is relaying all the traffic to the router over wifi.

If you don't have a wifi coverage issue in the TV rooom, you shouldn't be using an extender there. It won't do anything good, and it can increase WiFi interference. 

Message 4 of 5
WretchedKing
Aspirant

Ok let me check that SSID maybe thats the problem thx!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7