× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Old 3000RP doesn't work with new modem/WiFi router

mattvernon
Follower

Old 3000RP doesn't work with new modem/WiFi router

Wondering if anybody can help me. I have the Netgear Universal WiFi Range Extender, model WN3000RP V1H2. It worked great until recently, when I changed my ISP to AT&T UVerse (I am now using a Motorola NVG589 modem/WiFirouter), and now the Range Extender no longer works. I have spent hours troubleshooting and reading every FAQ and manual I can find but no luck.

Anybody have any thoughts? Much appreciated!

Message 1 of 8
Tippu
Novice

Re: Old 3000RP doesn't work with new modem/WiFi router

I have the same problem ISP is same but modem has changed. I have also spent hours troubleshooting and reading every FAQ and manual I can find but no luck.
Message 2 of 8
Olof63
Guide

Same problem here, 3000RP is dropping out with ny new NightHawk 700 router, what gives please ? Any ideas Before I return the 700 and get a Dlink or something more reliable. All hints highly appreciated 🙂
Message 3 of 8
noriga
Novice

The only problem I have had with the same but v2 is that mac address filtering on my router is somehow rejecting the extender.
Once mac address is disabled on the router I am able to see the bridge connecting with no issues.
Message 4 of 8
LBear
Aspirant

Same problem here - WN3000RP worked fine until we replaced our router. Customer Service solution was to pay them $139.99 for a one year extended warranty so they could diagnose the situation and see if they could help. :mad: I could buy a new one for about a third of that price! Insulting.
Message 5 of 8
ths60
Novice

See my response to "canjunpen" in April on a similar issue.
Message 6 of 8
Surfette
Aspirant

Me too!

Message 7 of 8
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Surfette,

Can you please clarify what issue you are experiencing and which products are setup with your WN3000RP?

Thank you

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7