× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

One extender connects to router, other doesn’t

Mackblue
Aspirant

One extender connects to router, other doesn’t

I have had two EX3700 WiFi range extenders for a while now, and they have both worked well until now. I experienced a power outage a few days ago, and now one of my extenders only shows a red connection to my router except when they’re in the same room. My other extender works perfectly, and can connect with a green router light anywhere in my house. I have looked through the settings of the bad extender, but they are exactly the way they should be. I’ve tried resetting it multiple times and connecting it in various ways, but it only gets a stable connection in the same room as the router. Please help!
Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: One extender connects to router, other doesn’t

Power outages are great at wrecking things. 

A reset can sometimes help but you've tried that. 

Your next step would be to reinstall the firmware. a reset only removes settings, if it corrupted the firmware, a reinstall would be needed. 

try reinstalling the firmware, factory reset, and then reinstall. 

If that doesn't work, you might be SOL. 

Message 2 of 4
Mackblue
Aspirant

How should I reinstall the firmware? I checked for updates but there was nothing new. Also, would it make sense that it only happened to one of my extenders, but not the other?

Thanks in advance!
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

You can download the firmware, extract it, and then follow the manual firmware upgrade process from the manual. 

do it over a hardwired connection for best results. 

Find the firmware and manual here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX3700.aspx

And power surges/issues can happen multiple times without issues or happen on the first one. Its the problem with electronics. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7