× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: One way flow using Internet Surfing

MisterWeather
Aspirant

One way flow using Internet Surfing

Greetings

I have an issue where the EX6100 limits communications between wireless devices (laptop) and wired devices (desktop) to one direction. This occurs only while in internet surfing mode; switching to FastLane solved the problem. Bypassing the EX6100 and connecting directly to the wireless router (ASUS RT-AC68U) also solves the problem.

The laptop in this case is wireless, and it can fully interact with the LAN computers. Attempting to connect to the laptop from the LAN side fails with the famous error code 800700035. I can ping the laptops IP from the LAN, but not ping the name; this made me think it was TCP/IP related but not so. Switching the E6100 from Internet Surfing to FastLane solves the problem.

Using FastLane is problematic in my case as there is local interference on the 2.4Ghz band. Regardless of which FastLane option is selected - router to extender in 2.4Ghz or extender to device in 2.4Ghz - interference becomes an issue, so using the 5Ghz band is optimal.

I have this issue [error 800700035] in other forums typically tied to firewalls or NETBios over TCP/IP; but I'm pretty sure through experimentation it's tied to the FastLane vs Internet Surfacing function of the EX6100.

Ideas, suggestions, comments are welcome.

MisterWeather

Message 1 of 2
MisterWeather
Aspirant

Re: One way flow using Internet Surfing

This is an update from the author of the original post. The issue seems tied to the 5G; if I use the laptops native b/g/n wireless card I have access; if I go to an a/ac card capable of utilizing the 5Ghz the problem firewalls or NETBios over TCP/IP; but I'm pretty sure through experimentation it's tied to the FastLane vs Internet Surfacing function of the EX6100. Ideas, suggestions, comments are welcome. persists. Is it the card? Another [older] laptop logged onto the native ASUS wireless cannot access the other laptop I've used originally on 5Ghz but can on the 2.4Ghz. The EX6100 5Ghz is the common thread here.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7