Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OrbI RBR40 tri system

4robertz2
Follower

OrbI RBR40 tri system

I have thre rbr40 router and 3 satelites and the 40 took a lightening power surge, so i need another one to extend my signal again. One thread asked if the 50 could replace the 409 but nobody gave any direct answer. I want to reuse the 3 satelites as i paid a boat load to get the system, can i just replace the main router with the 40 or would the 50 work or how bout a suggestion. My main DSL modem got fried also, and so far the replacement is bad, so im waiting on a 2nd replacement there... just a little frustrated.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: OrbI RBR40 tri system

Yes you can replace the RBR40 with a RBR50, just know that the RBR40 only supports 866Mbps on the wireless backhaul. While the RBR50 supports 1733Mpbs on the back haul. Your RBS40 series satellites will only use 866Mbps while connected to the RBR50. If you can find another RBR40, this would be recommended. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: OrbI RBR40 tri system

Yes, the RBR50 will work with the satellites you have. The main issue you face is finding someone who sells only the router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7