× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi router

ChrisSellars
Follower

Orbi router

I’ve purchased stuff orbi. After updating and getting it going , a pop screen says, can not verify server, with .....hotmail.com below . Would like to know what that means . I got a new netgear modem also and called Suddenlink to activate it . They said that there are some areas pit of service , would this be the issue of not verifying server?
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi router

I don't even know where to go with this as I'm struggling to understand. Some better details/description of the problem would help.

Did you get the modem activated and working? Forget about hooking the orbi to it yet if you're not sure. Go modem----computer. directly connected. Get it activated and running. Its best to troubleshoot a single item at a time instead of fighting to figure out if its the modem or the router causing issues. You know which one is failing and can troubleshoot that specific one.

Once thats activated and successfully working. Then try to install your orbi. make sure that once the modem is fully working, to unplug your computer from it, reboot it, and then hook the orbi to it. 

If you're getting errors, take screen snips and fully describe where in the process is erroring out. Not just "can not verify server". that doesn't tell us where in the process or what you're doing and it makes it a challenge to help you. 

What modem is it? model number

What orbi setup? model number? Firwmare on it?

you can go to netgear.com/support/    you can type in your model numbers and each device will have install guides, manuals, troubleshooting, and firmware.  Additionally, if they're new devices, you can go to the top and click on mynetgear, register an account, then your devices. From here you can access your 90 days of free phone support. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7