× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLW1010 pick a plug

svanme321
Follower

PLW1010 pick a plug

We bought the Netgear Powerline wifi1000. Watched a youtube on how to install. Seemed simple. Got the adapter in the wall and then the ethernet attached to the Comcast modem (had all the lights on at at this pont.. Walked across the house to a furthest point (bedroom), installed the adpater range extender one in the electrical outlet. HAd the elecrtrical power llight as green and then the wifi Led is Blue. This adapter in the bedroom never lit the pick a plug. Moved the adapter to a different outlet and still nothing. 

I then returned the adapter to the orignal outlet and hooked the ethernet cable to the back of the smart TV. Still no pick a plu light. 

Then I tried to security button on both adapters, holding for the alotted time and racing to the next one in 2 mins. Nothing. Then I did the reset button on both, and now I have on the original adalter hooked to the modem, one less light lit. The pick a plug i sno longer lit.

So where do I go from here?

Model: PLW1010|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: PLW1010 pick a plug

Hi @svanme321

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Just to be clear, where is the first powerline adapter connected? Is it connected to a plain modem ONLY or modem/router combined? Please provide the model number of the Comcast modem. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7