× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLW1010v2 Stopped connecting to devices.

AlienAvatar
Tutor

PLW1010v2 Stopped connecting to devices.

I have had this device working for almost 2 years. the other day the door bell that I connected to it about a month ago was not on the network. I found that I can no longer connect to this device at all. It broadcast its ssid but when trying to connect with wifi is never gets past the obtaining ip address stage. Plugging my computer into the ethernet port does not go past "identifying" and running windows network diagnostics gives me a invalid ip configuration result. I can not log into the device through its ip address.

I would like this device to work again as $80 seems to expensive for two years use.

Thank you,

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
AlienAvatar
Tutor

Re: PLW1010v2 Stopped connecting to devices.

It is working again. Thank you all for your help. Sorry to waste your time.

Not being the brightest bulb on the string I thought it should still connect to the wifi even if there was no internet access; so it never occurred to me to check the Ethernet cable.

It seems that this device can only be accessed, for setup, by entering the my wifi ex dot net (not sure why they dont want you to know that) in a web browser while connected to its wifi network. It has been so long since I had set it up I did not remember how to login to it.

View solution in original post

Model: PLW1010|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 8 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What is it showing on it for the leds? 

Have you tried moving it to where the base is (connected to the router)?

If the link between the 2 units isn't working,you might not be getting an ip address from the router. 

And powerline is known to suffer from interference from many different causes. 

Message 2 of 8
AlienAvatar
Tutor

Hello;

All of the lights show green except the one that is blue. I have relocated the wifi unit several times, including putting both units into one power strip; they both show (by their lights) they are working every place I have moved them to.

I factory reset both units several times and left them unplugged for over 24 hours. It was broadcasting the ssid I had created for it before I reset it then the default ssid after for both 2.4 and 5 GHz.

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

unplug the powerline at the router.

With the wireless version plugged in, are you able to connect to its wireless at all? 

Or hardwired? 

Try pinging 192.168.1.250 when hardwired into the wireless powerline unit

Message 4 of 8
AlienAvatar
Tutor

I plugged in only the Ethernet/Wifi unit with the Powerline unit unplugged and got the same results. No connection with Wifi or Ethernet and no response to 192.168.1.250, 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.1.1.

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

have you tried a 30/30/30 reset? 

push and hold reset for 30 seconds while powered on

power off while holding reset for 30 seconds

power it back on for 30 seconds while still holding reset

Message 6 of 8
AlienAvatar
Tutor

While troubleshooting the problem I found out that the port on the router, I had the Powerline unit plugged into, had gone bad. I moved it into a different port and it started responding again.

I can not seem to login to the router to change settings though. Perhaps I will figure it out as well someday.

Thank you all,

Message 7 of 8
AlienAvatar
Tutor

It is working again. Thank you all for your help. Sorry to waste your time.

Not being the brightest bulb on the string I thought it should still connect to the wifi even if there was no internet access; so it never occurred to me to check the Ethernet cable.

It seems that this device can only be accessed, for setup, by entering the my wifi ex dot net (not sure why they dont want you to know that) in a web browser while connected to its wifi network. It has been so long since I had set it up I did not remember how to login to it.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7