× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Password does not match

FEA
Tutor
Tutor

Password does not match

I bought a NETGEAR EX6110 recently, but when I try to connect to it, it says the password is wrong, and it should be impossible because I never changed the password to my fastweb router. I tried and tried and tried and it didn't work!
When I try to do anything on the official site it won't let me because I am not connected to the NETGEAR's wifi. I tried rebooting everything, and yes, the extender is in my room, near the router. I looked into the Quick Start manual deeper and deeper but it just says that the password has to match to the router, which it doesn't.
Everything seems to work fine, nothing is broken, I bought the extender yesterday!
Any help, please?

Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FEA
Tutor
Tutor

Re: Password does not match

FOUND OUT THE SOLUTION AFTER 3 HOURS!

I will try to explain this step by step.

I forgot my router wifi just so it doesnt autoconnect, then i factory resetted my extender and on my phone I connected to it while there was no password on, as soon as you connect it will redirect you to their site, you make an account and make the genie help you, you will figure it out after, finished that you just put the extender where you want it to "extend" and that's it!
I'm so glad that this is done, thank you for helping me and suggesting I should read page 11 of the manual, really helped me a lot!!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Try factory resetting the extender and then re-run its setup using the installation wizard and not using wps. 

What router is it connected to? 

Message 2 of 5
FEA
Tutor
Tutor

Update: I just tried that
Basically i factory resetted it, connected my router, WPS but still, when I try to put my password it still says that it is wrong, just tested it. I really do not know what to do.
Also I do not know where the installation wizard is, I'm not so tech

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

wps is the problem. it isn't coded the same between all device makers. That's why I said use the installation assistant. page 11 of the manual walks you through it.
https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6110.aspx
Message 4 of 5
FEA
Tutor
Tutor

FOUND OUT THE SOLUTION AFTER 3 HOURS!

I will try to explain this step by step.

I forgot my router wifi just so it doesnt autoconnect, then i factory resetted my extender and on my phone I connected to it while there was no password on, as soon as you connect it will redirect you to their site, you make an account and make the genie help you, you will figure it out after, finished that you just put the extender where you want it to "extend" and that's it!
I'm so glad that this is done, thank you for helping me and suggesting I should read page 11 of the manual, really helped me a lot!!

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7