× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Password issue

therocksta
Aspirant

Password issue

Brought today the AC-1900 . Selected my wifi network and it’s asking for the password. I have entered it multiple times and it says credentials incorrect. I have checked with other devices and it’s correct but is still not working for the wifi extender. What am I missing? Anyone please help.
Message 1 of 7

Re: Password issue

@therocksta wrote:
Brought today the AC-1900 .

Which one?

AC1900 is not a unique Netgear model number. Many devices come with the AC/AX tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and others, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the Model Number. And, if there is one, include the "V" bit to show the hardware version. If there is no V number, then you have V1.

@therocksta wrote:
Selected my wifi network and it’s asking for the password. I have entered it multiple times and it says credentials incorrect.

Selected on what?

Then the usual boilerplate questions to eliminate some of the more common issues that crop up here.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". There may be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware with an app or in the browser interface.

If there is one it might also help if you told people the make and model number of the modem/gateway/ONT that connects this router to the Internet. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

I ask because a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 7
therocksta
Aspirant

Model: EX6400v3

Thank you
Message 3 of 7
therocksta
Aspirant

The modem is a Telstra smart modem gen 3. Plugged into the NBN and has an external hard drive also plugged in.
Message 4 of 7

@therocksta wrote:
The modem is a Telstra smart modem gen 3. Plugged into the NBN and has an external hard drive also plugged in.

Aaarrrgghhhh. The dreaded NBN. NBN isn't so much a technology as a bundle of things designed to get Australians on line. NBN, the company, seems to delight on coming up with its own tale on how the Internet should work.

Telstra smart modem gen 3 doesn't tell us which modem it is. Make and model?

Nor do we know what "Plugged into the NBN"means. NBN what?

Message 5 of 7
therocksta
Aspirant

Modem model- Telstra smart modem gen 3 with voice back up
Model Cobra XH

That’s all the info on the Modem
As far as the NBN I have no idea.
It’s a box on the wall it info but no context for the numbers.
G-240G-P is on its own
Message 6 of 7

@therocksta wrote:
Modem model- Telstra smart modem gen 3 with voice back up
Model Cobra XH

One of these?

Telstra Smart Modem 3

What is the aim of adding the EX6400v3? To fill a gap in your wifi?

Its technology is a generation or two older than your new modem/router, especially on the wifi front. No wifi 6.

I see that the Telstra device, if that is what you own, supports WPS. So does your EX6400v3. Have you tried that?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series