× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Password not pulling through

Bmacg
Follower

Password not pulling through

Hi 

I have a AC1200 Dual-band wi-fi range extender. 

I think it has been setup correctly as I can see the 2 extended bands on my wireless network.

It was set up using the WPS buttons on the router and the extender.

However I cannot get the extended bands to recognise the password to my wireless network.

I have tried on Iphone, Macbook and Windows PC.

Every time I try I eventually just get the 'Cannot join network' message.

It would be great if someone could tell me what to try next.

Thank you.

Model: EX6920|AC1200-WiFi Range Extenders
Message 1 of 5
Huias
Aspirant

Re: Password not pulling through

Hi - I just had this exact problem....I finally solved it today by first resetting the extender to factory and then restarting my router. I then reconnected the extender to the router via WPS. 

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 2 of 5
Huias
Aspirant

Sorry - should have added that the password attached to the extender was completely different to my router....needed to access the netgear genie (from my pc) to reset the extender password. Once I did that I had no probles joining my mobile devices to the extender.

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 5
haldentim
Aspirant

please can someone help.

i am having the same issues.  i have 3 solid green lights.  power WPS androuter link

i then try to connect one of the following 2GEXT or 5GEXT and i enter my router password.  it then tells me that the password in incorrect.

please help

Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Try resetting the extender and don't press WPS.  You'll then see the NETGEAR_EXT network.  Join that, and browse to www.mywifiext.net.  From there you can complete the setup (w/o needing WPS).

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7