× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Password not working AC1200 wifi range extender

JABHATT
Initiate

Password not working AC1200 wifi range extender

Hello. Our router is located at opposite end of house to our tv. Tv is unable to connect to our wifi due to distance from router. Bought the Netgear AC1200 wifi range extender. Tv is finding _2GEXT and _5GEXT but password isn't working to connect. Instructions state we should use our vodaphone password shown on bottom of router. We have on both but still not working. Any ideas please?
Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

How did you setup the extender? Using wps or using the smart installation wizard?

Try using the smart installation wizard. There's both a video guide and a written guide on the support site. 

Reason why is not all manufacturer's code wps the same and it can create issues. during setup you'll link the extender to the router and setup an ssid/password for the extender (or copy the routers). Once you have this setup properly, then try connecting the tv to it. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6110.aspx

Message 2 of 4
JABHATT
Initiate

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I'm not very techy so bear with me. We've pressed the WPS on side of extender and on router, then moved extender half way between router and no wifi area. Green light has come on the extender for router, wps and power not on device though. Tried to then put in password shown on bottom of router but it says unable to connect to network! So frustrating! I don't understand why. I can't find the installation wizard too.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Factory reset the extender. Push and hold reset with powered on for 7-15 seconds or until the lights change. then follow this guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7