× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Please help. Can'tconnect WN1000RP

Bexx
Aspirant

Please help. Can'tconnect WN1000RP

I just bought the WN1000RP on ebay.

I tried connecting it by pressing the button on the extender and on my router, but that didn't work with connecting them.

So then I thought I would try option 2. In the installation guide it says that your network manager on your computer should pick up the extender as "NETGEAR_EXT" and that you should be able to just connect to it and then your browser should automatically go to the webpage to set it up.

However, the router comes up in my network manager as "ViViFi 8153_EXT" and it asks me for a security key. There is nothing in the installation guide about needing to enter a security code let alone what that security code should be.

Can someone please help???
Message 1 of 5
andyonahill
Aspirant

Hi Bexx,

Carry out a factory reset, I would say that unit is second hand and has been paired to another network previously\

Hope this helps!
Message 2 of 5
Bexx
Aspirant

Thanks... I will google to try and figure out how to do that
Message 3 of 5
susipop
Aspirant

Hello! Have you manage to solve this? I bought mine on Target but have anoter SSDI name... I think it might be used before, but I'm traveling and cannot go to target and had it replaced. :mad:

Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
storm_2003
Novice

You just push the reset button for 10-15 seconds and you will see all the lights be blinking.
Device will reboot and will lit up normally you can then search on your laptop the default extender name "NETGEAR_EXT" and connect to an unsecured network and good to go for the setup wizard.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7