× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port Forwarding through WN3500RP

enwulff
Aspirant

Port Forwarding through WN3500RP

I have a security camera on the far corner of my house that was not connecting in well with the AT&T 2Wire router. So I bought the Netgear WN3500rp and set it up to connect to my 2wire router. I can access the camera feed via the extender without any issue, but the problem is that the port forwarding doesn't seem to be working. When I go under the firewall setting, The IP address is just 0.0.0.0 and I set it up the same way I set up all the other cameras on the 2wire router to do port forwarding. If I set the camera to access the 2wire router directly, the port fowarding works and I can access it via the external IP address. The question is how do I get the portforwarding to work when the camera is connected via the extender. Thoughts?
Message 1 of 3
acabano
Novice

Re: Port Forwarding through WN3500RP

I have exact the same setup, existing setup with 2wire router and foscam IP wireless camera works fine with the IP cam iphone app, but with the WN3500RP no joy! but i was able to access via web browser 172.16.0.1:8080 from my laptop using myextender_2.4GXET please help. is there anything I'm missing?
Message 2 of 3
marc311
Aspirant

Re: Port Forwarding through WN3500RP

acabano wrote:
I have exact the same setup, existing setup with 2wire router and foscam IP wireless camera works fine with the IP cam iphone app, but with the WN3500RP no joy! but i was able to access via web browser 172.16.0.1:8080 from my laptop using myextender_2.4GXET please help. is there anything I'm missing?

you cant do any port forward/trigger on the extender since this device rely on the main router. If you can access IPcamera locally/remotely from main router then it should be working as well when connected to extender either wired/wireless.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7