× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port forwarding for CCTV

stevenwb11
Aspirant

Port forwarding for CCTV

I have a CCTV unit plugged into my EX700 Nightwawk Extender by a LAN cable

My extender is connected to my Virginmedia Superhub 2 via wifi. I can use both the 2G & 5G around the house without problems on both the router & extender.

I can view my CCTV when on my WIFI at home without problem.

Problem starts when I try and use 3G/4G or an external WIFI the video stops after about a second of use.

I have tried to set the port forwarding on the Superhub and set the port as 3000 on 192.168.0.27 (the nighthawks ip)

This makes no difference.

Is there a facility to do port forwarding on the EX700 or am I doing this all wrong.

Please keep answers as basic as possible, I have very little knowledge of how networks work.

Thank you

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
TheEther
Guru

Re: Port forwarding for CCTV

When it comes to port forwarding, range extenders are invisible, so you do not need to forward to the EX7000.  Change the port forwarding rule to forward to the IP address of the CCTV unit instead of the EX7000.

Message 2 of 6
stevenwb11
Aspirant

Message 3 of 6
stevenwb11
Aspirant

Thank you for getting back so promptly. How do I find the IP address of the CCTV unit. On its menu it states the ip as 192.168.0.27 which is the same as what the Virginmedia Superhub router displays as being the 5gz Nighthawk. Though there are 2 other ip addresses for the nighthawk.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 4 of 6
TheEther
Guru

If the CCTV unit's own menu says its IP address is 192.168.0.27, then it's probably correct.

Have you tried turning off the EX7000 in order to rule out its involvement?

Message 5 of 6
stevenwb11
Aspirant

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated. I can't take the extender out of the equation because the CCTV is too far away from the Virgin hub.

Having "googled" the problem it seems many people are having the same problem with port forwarding. I'll carry on reading and tinkering and if I find a solution I'll put it up on the forum.

I've opened port 3000 but when you scan it still says it's closed. Tried loads of "fixes" that I have read and none seem to work.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7