× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Print share using Wi-Fi Range Extender

K4955
Aspirant

Print share using Wi-Fi Range Extender

I own EX6200/AC 1200 which has USB Port. When I connect a flash drive to the USB Port, READYSHARE picked up and enables sharing of the flash drive. From my windows 10 64 bit computer if I select Start>Run and enter \\readyshare, the contents of the flash drive shows. The documentation  for this extender (document # 201-17449-05 dated 07/2014) shows that I could connect a printer using extender's Readyshare Print feature, but though I am able to print using the printer but no scanning feature is available in NETGEAR USB Contro center app installed in my PC.

Model: EX6200|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Print share using Wi-Fi Range Extender

Hi K4955,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. Did you follow the steps on the Readyshare print manual on page 11? 

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/ReadySHARE_Apps/ReadySHARE_Printer_UM_19Aug2015.pdf

If yes, are you getting error message when selecting the " Network Scanner?"

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
K4955
Aspirant

The URL pointed in the manual that was suggested by you shows error to open the web page. Can you please give me the direct URL for downloading Readyshare Printer share utility  for Windows 10 64bit?

The multi functional printer is connected to NETGEAR AC1200 using Ethernet cable, printer is shared in Windows PC and configured as Network printer to use a dedicated static IP address. The USB cable is connected between the printer and Windows PC directly. The static IP address responds in all 4 counts when pinged.

My intention and wish is to use the scan feature of the printer using NETGEAR Readyshare Printer Utility.

Thanks

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 3 of 5
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi K4955,

Thank you for the update. Please try to remove the USB cable to your computer and printer since the printer is already connected via Ethernet cable to the router. Then try to test if the Network Scanner is working. If there is any error message, please send it to us.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi K4955,

We would like to do a follow-up on this one. Do you still have the issue?

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7