× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem updating EX3700 firmware

Greystones
Aspirant

Problem updating EX3700 firmware

I needed to re-allocate my Netgear EX3700 to another router, so did a factory reset & then used an ethernet connection (since no WPS button existed on the Vodaphone BFFD98 router) to setup the extender again to the new router using the same network security key as the new router.  The assistant told me it was successful & all LEDs were Green. My laptop system tray WiFi could then see both broadcast 2 & 5 GHz (underscore EXT) signals, as well as my NSM WiFi Manager could also see both the 2 & 5 GHz broadcast signals. I tried to select & login to both 2 & 5 GHz_EXT broadcasts, but only the 5 GHz_EXT would connect (the 2 GHz_EXT said 'No internet'')?  So, I connected to the 5 GHz_EXT network & entered the Netgear web address into a new browser but it would not open the webpage.  So, I then made an ethernet connection between my laptop & the extender which then indicated a network connection to the new router (presumably through the extender?).  But, I still could not connect to the extender via Netgear web address, nor by using the IP address in a laptop browser given on the NSM WiFi Manager for either of the 2 & 5 GHz extender networks. I wanted to access the EX3700 to check if it had the latest firmware update, but was unable to.  I'm puzzled with the results & wonder if either the setup was incorrect or if the extender has a fault?   Incidentally, when typing Netgear web address mybrowser added an 's' to the address opening 4 letters.  Any ideas or comments would be welcome, please?

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7