× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems with Netgear WN3000RP WiFi Range Extender; wifi keeps dropping

Bansisingh
Tutor

Problems with Netgear WN3000RP WiFi Range Extender; wifi keeps dropping

"The network gateway is accessible, but Windows couldn’t receive network traffic from the Internet."

This is the message I keep getting and my internet keeps cutting out.

I have Windows 10 and my Wifi keeps cutting out on my PC and my PS4 (which are practically side by side).

I am using a Netgear WN3000RP WiFi Range Extender and I have made sure that I have updated/upgraded it to the latest firmware. I have repeatedly ran virus scans in case malware was compromising my signal, intefering with the Wifi etc.

So I have to restart my Wifi Extender and the internet comes back, for a short period of time.

The signal strength of the router iis 91% and I am only using the Wifi Extender so I can instal an Ethernet cable into my computer.

Model: WN3000RP|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Problems with Netgear WN3000RP WiFi Range Extender; wifi keeps dropping

@Bansisingh wrote:

"The network gateway is accessible, but Windows couldn’t receive network traffic from the Internet."

This is the message I keep getting and my internet keeps cutting out.

I have Windows 10 and my Wifi keeps cutting out on my PC and my PS4 (which are practically side by side).

... I am only using the Wifi Extender so I can instal an Ethernet cable into my computer.

Is the PS4 connected to the extender WiFi network?  

If so, can you try connecting the PS4 to the router wifi instead, and see if the PS4 connection still drops?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7