× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Proof of purchase

JimG-1978
Tutor

Proof of purchase

I'm having an issue with my router but I don't remember when my router was purchased. Is there anyway I can bypass this option just to get some support?

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JimG-1978
Tutor

Thank you for the help. I could have sworn I had seen and used the 5G from the laptop, but I guess not. I've already ordered the dual band USB. Thank you again. I certainly appreciate it.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

A little doubtful as there's only 90 days of free support on new products. Even less on renewed devices. 

so they do need proof of purchase/date. 

You can try going through the support process by using the serial number but not sure if they'll be able to help. 

To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

But there is the community where we can try to help you. 

What device do you have? 

What actual issue (in detail) are you having? 

Message 2 of 7
JimG-1978
Tutor

I appreciate the assistance. I have the Netgear AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Model R6400v2. My internet provider is through Xfinity. For whatever reason, my laptop computer isn't picking up Xfinity's 5G network. The only network that I'm seeing is the regular network and those of our neighbors. On both mine and my wife's cell phone, we can see the Xfinity 5g wireless network, but it isn't appearing on the laptop. I've restarted the laptop, restarted the router, and spent about an hour with Xfinity support who suggested I reach out to Netgear. I need the 5G network in order to work from home as I need the faster speeds. I've tried going into to my network setting and adding the network manually with no success. The two networks I'm looking for are NETGEAR71 and NETGEAR71-5G. Both would appear as networks on the laptop, but now, only the the NETGEAR71 is appearing.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

What wireless card is in the laptop? 
To find out what wireless card you have, go into your windows device manager and find it under your network devices. 

How do I Find Out What Wireless Card is in My PC? (Simple Answer!) | The WiredShopper

Message 4 of 7
JimG-1978
Tutor

It's a realtek RTL8188EE 802.11. Device status says that this device is working properly. Again, thank you for the help.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

That wireless card is only a single band 2.4ghz device. So it won't be able to see 5ghz. 

5ghz is a hardware difference. 
Some laptops you can change out the internal wireless card for a different one. or you could simply buy a dual band usb adapter for it. 

Message 6 of 7
JimG-1978
Tutor

Thank you for the help. I could have sworn I had seen and used the 5G from the laptop, but I guess not. I've already ordered the dual band USB. Thank you again. I certainly appreciate it.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7