× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Question about ex2700

Adim123
Follower

Question about ex2700

Hello everyone,
I’m about to set up the WiFi extender ex2700 and I have a question. My WiFi connection works well with the gadgets close to the router and the connection is bad with gadgets far away, hence the need for the extender. My question is do I have to change the WiFi connection to the extender on the gadgets that are working well or only connect the gadgets that are not getting good connection to the extender . After setup , will my original internet connection still connect with other gadgets or do I need to connect all my gadgets with the connection coming from the extender or will both connections be working ?
Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Question about ex2700

As the EX2700 is a simple non-Mesh extender, it does serve the extended network on a dedicated wireless name (SSID), by default with the postfix _EXT when I have it right. You need to reconfigure the wireless gadgets located in the area covered by the extender to that wireless network.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7