× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Question about the Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 Mesh Extender, Model: EAX80

magica2
Aspirant

Question about the Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 Mesh Extender, Model: EAX80

Hi Netgear Community,

I have a technical question about the Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 Mesh Extender, Model: EAX80. I wanted to know how far out into my yard the EAX80 Mesh Extender will reach with a reliable WiFi signal??? I would place it on the second floor of my detached garage, on the second floor, and the garage is unfinished with only one uninsulated wall impeding the signal. The garage only has the one outer wall around its entire perimeter with no insulation. There are no inner walls. The EAX80 Mesh Extender will be in Access Point mode. The main Router is about 60 feet away, in the main house. There are no obstructions in my yard to where I want to receive the EAX80's WiFi signal. It is clear line-of-sight.

The second question I have is, is the EAX80 Mesh Extender expandable? Is it possible to use one in Access Point mode, and then connect another to it on down the line in Access Point mode as well?

Thank you for an accurate response before I spend over two hundred dollars to buy one.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Question about the Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 Mesh Extender, Model: EAX80

Hi @magica2, yes, ideally it should.

Dexter

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Question about the Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 Mesh Extender, Model: EAX80

Hi @magica2, we cannot provide a specific coverage area since network environments differ and there may be several factors that can affect signal quality. The EAX80 is designed to work in large homes and given your description of your projected setup, coverage should not be an issue. Yes, you can connect another EAX80 to another in AP mode.

Dexter

Message 2 of 5
magica2
Aspirant

Thank you for that answer, Dexter, to both of my questions. Yes, I need to get the WiFi signal about 110 feet from where the EAX80 will be. It only has to go through one uninsulated wall, on a second floor, and then it is clear line-of-sight outside to where I need to get it, back by my horse stables. The horse stables are just covered with a roof and one wall not in the line-of-sight. Can you just confirm that the signal will reach? Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @magica2, yes, ideally it should.

Dexter

Message 4 of 5
magica2
Aspirant

@DexterJB Thanks Dexter. Appreciate it. Won't ask about it again.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7