× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6220 access point vs WAC104

Sylvain31
Aspirant

R6220 access point vs WAC104

Bonjour,

Je m'interroge sur la difference de fonctionnalité entre le R6220 en mode access point et le WAC104.

J'imagine que les 2 proposeront la même fonctionnalité et pourtant ils ne sont pas au même prix du tout. 

Quelqu'un peut-il explique s'il y a une difference?

Merci pour votre aide.

Hello,

I wonder about the differences between the R6220 in access point qnd the WAC104.

I bet both will propose the same functionnalitie. However, they are not at the same price at all.

Does anyone can say if there is any difference?

Thanks for your help.

Model: R6220v2|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: R6220 access point vs WAC104

@Sylvain31 wrote:

Bonjour,

Je m'interroge sur la difference de fonctionnalité entre le R6220 en mode access point et le WAC104.

J'imagine que les 2 proposeront la même fonctionnalité et pourtant ils ne sont pas au même prix du tout. 

Quelqu'un peut-il explique s'il y a une difference?

Merci pour votre aide.

Hello,

I wonder about the differences between the R6220 in access point qnd the WAC104.

I bet both will propose the same functionnalitie. However, they are not at the same price at all.

Does anyone can say if there is any difference?

Thanks for your help.

It mainly comes down to business class versus consumer class.

R6220 is a consumer grade device so it has shorter warranty/support, supports fewer  clients, a wan port for connection to a modem if needed. 

Versus the WAC104 supports more clients, longer warranty and support with the option to upgrade for up to 5 years support. Usually the business class has more stringent power and environmental variables as well. 

Message 2 of 3
Sylvain31
Aspirant

Re: R6220 access point vs WAC104

Thank you very much for this information.

I was scratching my head trying to understand which model to choose.

For my home, then I will use the R6220 as it provides a better flexibility in case I change the overall configuration of my network.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7